Menu

Andrew Canion

Thoughts on technology, business and productivity.

@amit Your work on Micro.threads is amazing!

Comments

amit says:

@canion Great. Glad you liked it, hope you found it useful. It has helped me a lot recently to discover a lot more profile I just wouldn’t have found otherwise.

Ron says:

@canion @amit YES, and even the Old Guy was able to get it working! I am now using two app tokens I’ve generated here: one for this and the other for Dialog.

donblanco says:

@amit I take it Thread discovery is not yet functional?

amit says:

@Ron Thank you, Ron! Couldn’t be more happy knowing others find the service useful too. Wonderful, coming from you. πŸ™‚

amit says:

@donblanco Not yet. I have many working versions in dev, just can’t get that one which I find useful. I think I may have to sort it out soon though, hopefully this week.

klandwehr says:

@amit add me to the list of people who would like to thank you for creating this app.

amit says:

@klandwehr Great! I had no idea so many people have benefited from this. Thank you for your kind words πŸ™‚

amit says:

@klandwehr Thank you for the callout for the app in the post. Just wanted to clarify, the app is (or rather I call it 😁) Micro.threads. Heroku is just where it is deployed.

klandwehr says:

@amit yeah I realized that as soon as I hit the send button.

amit says:

@donblanco @canion @JohnPhilpin an update on this, Thread discovery is functional now. You should be able to use it.

JohnPhilpin says:

@canion 100% concurrence he replies form the micro.thread ‘join the conversation’ link provide by @amit

JohnPhilpin says:

@amit thankyou – and in – and working – and really really good … so simple.

// @donblanco @canion

amit says:

@JohnPhilpin great! πŸ‘πŸ½

JohnPhilpin says:

@amit still to think more – but each time I have to go there – i have to sign on – which i can do – but both keychain and 1Password don’t pick it up as a user name password to store ….

amit says:

@JohnPhilpin That shouldn’t happen till the current session is valid (for few hours i.e.). I just pushed an update to include author details, which might have logged you out. Let me know if you still face this issue.

amit says:

@JohnPhilpin You should not face this issue of logging in everytime anymore. Hope it simplifies using the app a bit more. However, let me know if you still do.

Ron says:

@amit I’m the Canary among the Apple Nerds, not being one myself. If a tool is not simple enough for me to get working, it might not be simple enough for most new users in the future. But if you make a tool that even I can use, well then, you’ve got sumpin’.

amit says:

@Ron That’s some high praise for the tool. Thank you, Ron, for your kind words! 😊