Menu

Andrew Canion

Thoughts on technology, business and productivity.

Ask Micro.blog: Is there an effective way to find sites running on blot.im infrastructure?

Comments

JohnPhilpin says:

@amit oh interesting – now I am reading your post and following along … looks like my theme already had the tag view – which is why I pretty much had to do nothing – whereas @herself is starting from scratch.

JohnPhilpin says:

@herself cool – and both pages now added to my blot.im pinboard

// @amit

amit says:

@JohnPhilpin Nice 👍🏽 . Btw even I had to create my tags page from scratch. I had started with the default theme.

JohnPhilpin says:

@herself well now – I couldn’t resist – so I took your code and painstakingly re-typed it and voila … next step to put some structure and content around it, little bit of CSS work oh – and make my links actually work!

filed in ‘reasons I have friends that don’t believe I should be allowed access to a computer’

thankyou

JohnPhilpin says:

@herself see what I mean – links already fixed – simply by stepping away … coming back … slapping forehead … correcting code and saving.

herself says:

@JohnPhilpin huzzah! Looks good! Though after looking at @amit’s tags page I’m curious to know if I could somehow generate the links in a grouping (no new line for each link) like that. But I think I’ll quit while I’m ahead…for now 😛

herself says:

@JohnPhilpin probably the only time ever that something I’ve posted could qualify as “tech help,” hehe.

JohnPhilpin says:

@herself like this? … just compared @amit source to mine.

All you need to do is replace line break with ‘ ’ and you are done

herself says:

@JohnPhilpin oh nice!! Yes, just like that. For some reason it seems more navigable that way, compared to a linear list.

amit says:

@herself May be because we are so used to the tag clouds on our blogs. I remember the days when tag clouds were default in every side bar.